The kitchen is the heart of any home. It is where family comes together throughout the day and carries the heaviest traffic of any room. A well-designed kitchen and dining area can inspire you to spend more time preparing meals and can be the motivation for entertaining family and friends in a relaxing and inviting space.
This is why kitchen remodeling is one of the most popular home renovations in Louisville, KY today. Not only does it completely transform the central unit of your home, it can add significant resale value as well.
When to Remodel Your Kitchen
Sometimes the thought of kitchen remodeling can be overwhelming. Is it worth the cost to upgrade your home? Will it pay off in the long run? There are some signs that it is time to remodel your kitchen into something you can be proud of.
- Old Appliances: Your kitchen was constructed to fit appliances 10-15 years ago. However, appliances don’t last forever. When your current appliances stop working, you may find that newer models don’t fit in your current space. Refrigerators, ovens, and dishwashers change a lot over 10-15 years. If you’re going to upgrade you may find that a new space must be made. You may also want to take the opportunity to move your oven or dishwasher to a whole other area. Once one appliance goes, others generally follow. Both jobs need a remodeling contractor in Louisville, KY so when replacing the dishwasher becomes more than just replacing the dishwasher, it may be the perfect time for kitchen remodeling.
- Counters: One of the biggest kitchen complaints is not enough counter space. If you’re constantly having to shuffle things around the counters, kitchen remodeling can be exactly what you need. A bigger counter may also mean a change in countertop materials and/or a stylish backsplash.
- Storage: Is your pantry painfully small (or non-existent) and even though you’ve decluttered, the cupboards are still overflowing? You need more kitchen storage. A kitchen remodel can give that to you. Our kitchen design experts in Louisville, KY can take the space you have and give you the storage you want.
- Layout: If you can’t open the dishwasher and the silverware drawer at the same time, or you bump into the fridge every time you open a cabinet door, you have a kitchen layout problem. The floor space between your stove, sink and refrigerator is fundamental to how well your kitchen works. If your current layout isn’t working for you, kitchen remodeling can move appliances, knock down walls, and create the space you need to create a functional layout.
- Entertaining: Holidays, dinner parties, birthdays and even Sunday dinner can be stressful when you don’t have a functional kitchen. Kitchen remodeling can open up your space, allowing you to make room for the guests, the kids, the food and everything in between.
- Deterioration: Structural deterioration like mold, rot, or cracks should be addressed right away. Even a small leak can lead to deterioration and damage to your kitchen. If you have any type of structural issue, kitchen remodeling is the perfect time to fix it all.
- Sinks & Faucets: Sinks and faucets are a substantial investment that can completely change the look of your space and add significant value to your kitchen. If you’re looking for a new sink and faucet, it might be a good time to upgrade your countertops and backsplash as well to give your kitchen a little facelift.
- Flooring: Kitchen flooring takes a beating day after day. If your flooring has seen better days, it’s time to replace it. When you replace a floor, you’ll see that everything else screams for an update. If you know it is time for a new floor, it may also be time to consider a full kitchen remodel too.
- Lighting: Do you find your kitchen dark and depressing? Do you have difficulty reading a recipe or preparing dinner? New lighting can bring a whole new life into your kitchen. If you’re looking to add natural light or additional electrical lights, it’s time to introduce a kitchen remodel that gives a new lighting design to your kitchen.
- Because You Just Want To! The only reason you need for kitchen remodeling is simply that you want to. Even if your current functions perfectly, you can upgrade anytime just because you want to. Maybe you’re embarrassed to invite people over, or your kitchen just doesn’t fit your style. Create a space that reflects who you are and increases the value of your home.