The bulk of kitchen and bathroom essentials are stored in cabinets.
Creating the perfect cabinets for your bathroom or kitchen involves a number of factors. It starts with choosing the type, size, style, materials, and construction method for your new cabinets.
Whatever your budget, we are here with all the must-know information on bathroom and kitchen cabinets in Louisville, KY.
Let us help you get custom bathroom and kitchen cabinets that fit your stuff and suit your style.
Types of Cabinets
When it comes to kitchen cabinets, bathroom cabinets, basement cabinets, laundry room cabinets, or any other room cabinets, there are different types to select from.
There are three basic types of cabinets in Louisville, KY.
- Stock Cabinets: These are entry-level cabinets that are fast to install and easy to find. They are limited in style and color but are sold at a lower price point and can give your space a fresh new look.
- Semi-Custom Cabinets: These are built to order, and allow you to create a custom look without paying the higher price of custom cabinets. Semi-custom cabinets can include more specific finishes, colors, hardware, and features. Most semi-custom cabinets take 4-8 weeks to complete.
- Custom Cabinets: Custom kitchen cabinets are nearly limitless. Fully custom cabinets are created from capable craftsmen and designers to fit your exact specifications in any type of finish, dimensions, features, to literally make anything possible.
Once you choose between stock, semi, and custom cabinets, you’ll need several types of cabinets to create a kitchen. In any basic kitchen design, you’ll need base cabinets, wall cabinets, and often tall cabinets.
- Base Cabinets: Base cabinets go underneath the countertop and provide bulk storage space. They often have shelves, pull-out racks, or roll trays for easy access. Base cabinets can also be fitted for recycling bins, wastebaskets, and laundry hampers.
- Wall Cabinets: Wall-mounted cabinets are mounted directly to the wall and provide great storage options. They are ideal for accessing items while standing or moving about the kitchen.
- Tall Cabinets: Tall cabinets can be up to 96 inches in height and are often used for pantry or utility storage.
Popular Cabinet Styles for Bathrooms and Kitchens
One of the best ways to make your kitchen or bathroom your own is by picking your favorite style of cabinets. With several to choose from, it can get overwhelming.
Our bathroom and kitchen designers at Norsemen in Louisville, KY can help you narrow down and find your perfect style.
To give you an idea of some of your options, here is a list of 5 popular styles for kitchen cabinets.
- Traditional: These typically have more detail, either a raised panel door or inset recessed door is common. They come in a wide range of woods, white, cream, or red coloring.
- Shaker: Shaker cabinets are clean, simple, and can complement multiple styles. Most often shaker cabinets are natural wood or neutral colors with flat panel doors.
- Rustic: If you’re looking for a cabin or mountain style kitchen, rustic cabinets are perfect. They usually feature imperfect wood grains, knots, grooves, and are designed to give an authentic cabin look.
- Contemporary: A more minimalist style features completely flat surfaces, minimal hardware, and usually made of metal, glass, or manufactured wood.
- Slab: Slab cabinets are a modern look that is even more sleek than contemporary. Slab style is a completely flat panel, making them easy to clean and often less expensive than other styles.
At Norsemen, we have a wide array of cabinet colors and door designs. Below is just a sample of the options available to you.