Basement Remodel Services
A basement remodel can be as simple as painting and furnishing your space, or it may turn your home into a construction site.
When you decide to renovate your basement you can consider the following basement remodeling services:
- Architectural designs and permits – The renovation of a basement requires specific permits without which you cannot begin the process. Moreover, architectural designs will make a perfect plan for creating a functional finished basement.
- Wall Installation – If you have an open basement with nothing but open concrete, you’re going to need to start by adding walls. This will allow you to regulate the temperature in your basement, waterproof the space, and enhance energy efficiency in the entire house.
- Floor Renovation – Once you have walls installed, you may require some changes to the flooring. Installing multiple floor layers in your basement will help you stay protected from moisture. Polystyrene materials as well as ceramic, porcelain, and concrete tiles are great choices for floor remodeling in your basement.
- Ceiling Renovation – If you can currently see pipes and ductwork in your basement, a remodel of your ceiling can hide all of those unsightly necessities. This step really makes your basement space feel more like the rest of your home.
- Plumbing and electrical systems – Lights, ceiling fans, bathroom fixtures, and other electrical and plumbing features make your basement fully functional.
- Decorating – With the basics covered, you can add the finishing touches to your basement like painting, furnishing, and more. This is where you can add your own style and personality.
5 Reasons You Should Hire a Professional to Remodel Your Basement
Many homeowners are tempted to forgo hiring a professional and DIY a basement remodel.
In an effort to save money, most will regret this choice and often hire a remodeling contractor in Louisville, KY anyway.
These are the top five reasons you should hire a professional to remodel your basement.
1. Address code requirements
Basement remodeling requires specific codes that need to be met. Failing to follow building codes can obstruct your remodeling process, causing health and safety issues.
If you are doing the renovation on your own, you can easily end up violating these codes, which can result in costly penalties and may require you to undo/redo the work you’ve already done.
Norsemen has experience in this type of work, so we can ensure everything is done right the first time and provide easy and smooth renovation of your basement.
2. Completion of the project in a timely manner
Basement remodeling is not a small job.
If you decide to do this on your own, you should plan to clear your schedule for the next several months.
Attempting to finish the project during late nights or weekends will only make the project last much longer than anticipated. Our remodelers create a timeline before starting the project and provide you with the exact time frame of all of the tasks.
With a full team of contractors, we have easy access to materials, expertise, and equipment necessary. Therefore, we can assure you to finish the project in the previously established time.
3. Experienced in all types of basement remodels
Do you dream of creating a basement kitchen? Theater room? Or maybe an income rental?
Norsemen’s basement remodeling experts have experience in all kinds of basement remodels. If you’re wondering what potential your home holds, we can help you to expand your vision and turn your basement into something truly remarkable.
4. Cost-efficient renovation
Most homeowners will DIY their basement in an effort to save money. However, opting for a professional basement renovation can help you save money in surprising ways.
First, professional contractors have all the necessary tools to work on this kind of project. You won’t have to purchase a tile saw you’ll never use again or a paint sprayer that takes up space in your garage.
In addition, contractors receive special pricing on materials and can pass those discounts on to you.
Basement remodeling can often lead to unexpected problems, and if you are doing it on your own, you will end up paying for any damage caused in the process.
With Norsemen, you have the peace of mind knowing you won’t be held liable for any unplanned issues and all of our work is under warranty.
6. Digital Rendering Service
Norsemen in Louisville uses advanced digital rendering technology so you can see what your finished basement will look like before the work even begins.